The American Advertising Federation (AAF) is the only national association representing all segments of the advertising industry. By joining AAF Lincoln, you are automatically affiliated with this national organization, which to date represents more than 50,000 advertising professionals, 215 local advertising federations and 200 college chapters.
AAF works with its member federations to achieve industry objectives of effective advertising education, public service, government relations and recognition of achievements in creative work, account service and agency growth. To the Lincoln chapter and its members, AAF provides the umbrella of a large federation with the accompanying array of services, training programs and expanding community of advertising and media professionals. Some of the ways you and your company will benefit from AAF affiliation include:
- A subscription to American Advertising, AAF\'s quarterly publication covering all sides of the industry.
- Participation in local, regional and national programs such as the American Advertising Awards for advertising excellence (formerly known as the ADDY Awards), Advertising Hall of Fame, the Advertising Hall of Achievement, the National Student Advertising Competition, and many other programs.
- The annual Club Achievement Competition, which awards cash prizes for outstanding club activity in communications, advertising education, diversity and public service.
- Government Report, AAF\'s regular summary of federal advertising legislation, provided to club presidents & executive directors, newsletter editors and legislative chairs. Government Report keeps local affiliates up-to-date on government activities that affect the advertising profession.
- Professional development and volunteer leadership training available through AAF meetings and events. These include the American Advertising National Conference, the AAF Government Affairs Conference, the AAF Leadership in Marketing & Communications Conference, the Association Leadership Training Program, and State Legislative Workshops.
- Click here to see all the discounts and other cool stuff
Primary Objectives of the AAF
-- Communication the values of advertising --
- TO PROMOTE a better understanding of the functions of advertising and its values among the public
- TO RECOGNIZE outstanding accomplishments in furthering the advertising profession and in its service to the community
- TO ENCOURAGE young people to enter advertising as a career, and to advance educational programs designed to strengthen the skills of advertising practitioners
- TO REFLECT industry views and concerns on public issues affecting advertising at the state and federal levels.